Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
Johnathan Schwemler

Schwemler Sportsman car.

Messages recommandés

I was hoping someone from ANCA could confirm or deny the availability of the number 19 and 31 as ANCA Sportsman Registered numbers.

I'll also post some pics from the new garage, the main reason behind not being out on the track yet... (other than moving from Ontario etc.)

The former owner's setup.

With everything getting unpacked and put away.

For a number availability & reservation, it's very easy to do, you call me at my office (450-472-6222) and it takes 30 seconds to know all the numbers availables.
At this day, the number 31 is available.

I'm working on it...

Last night I finished remounting the driver's seat, fabricating new mounts for the belts and installing them.

This morning I'm hanging the body, bleeding the brakes, and a bunch of other small things. I'm behind on where I want to be because of some parts orders not being delivered when they were promised. I should have ordered them through Serge Morin instead! ;)

For tonight,
I'd like to see if someone could lend me a set of ear phones for the incar radio. mine are in the mail somewhere.
And if anyone had an extra 15x8" rim with 3" backspacing to lend me for the night (for my 6th tire).

Thanks guys, I'll have more things straightened out for the 30th.

(I'd like to thank Pro-Van and Morin Performance for going out of their way and providing excellent customer service after some other deals fell through or didn't meet the deadlines)

I realize it's the end of the season, but I thought I'd finally update this thread.

The results from the first night I raced (the date of the last post) weren't the greatest. In hindsight I should have waited until I had a test session with the used car I bought before racing, but hindsight is always 20/20.

The cooling system in the used car I bought wasn't working correctly, nor were the gauges, so the first time sitting in a stockcar I had the opportunity to learn what blowing an engine felt like. This event and another on track incident in my next race slowed down the progression of the car for this season.

We worked hard to make the car safe and functional all season, while maintaining our scheduled sponsor displays in Ontario and Quebec.

I am already putting marketing packages together for next year's sponsorship and have started crunching numbers for my favorite part, the chassis setup.

There is good news coming for the gameplaycanada.com ANCA Sportsman for next year, we are just waiting for some final things to come together before we can make and announcements.

Here's the highlight pictures for the season....

The car as I bought it in May.

The temporary decals.

At speed 10 Sept 2011, photo courtesy of Mario Shink. The graphics were generously designed by Pica Design in St. Hyacinthe. They specialize in the graphic arts, websites and signage.

The crew and I talking about how the car was working after the qualifying race Sept 10th. That's former-Western Canada Dirt Champion and former NASCAR Canadian Tire Series crew chief Greg Schwemler on the far right.

Kid brother and former-Weekend Warrior Humberstone Speedway Champion Will Schwemler and I going over tire temps from the day and discussing expected chassis changes during the race. Photo courtesy of Mario Shink.

Myself, Johnathan Schwemler, in my favorite place!

Thanks go to a tonne of people who graciously helped out one way or another on the car including;

Game Play Canada and gameplaycanada.com (a great online store for old school video games and consoles)
Fast Eddie Racewear, fasteddieracewear.com
Carrosserie Pro-Street, 4595 Chemin Chambly St. Hubert, 514-290-1071
Pika Design, pika-design.com
GUCAL, Ground Up Construction and Landscaping, gucal.ca
Mecanique mobile M. Belouin, 230 Blvd Edouard, Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur, 514-951-1770
Johnathan Schwemler Racecars, website coming soon!
Morin Performance, morinperformance.com
Lettrage ProVan, lettrageprovan.com
The staff at Autodrome St.Eustache
The drivers of the ANCA Sportsman Series

and of course all my friends and family!

This is an old, dead thread, but I thought I'd share some news!

Johnathan Schwemler Racecars has resigned new and used video game retailer Game Play Canada to a mulit-year marketing contract, focusing on their online brand gameplaycanada.com. The team is working hard on finding other marketing partners to facilitate a full season schedule at Autodrome St-Eustache, plus the possibilty of a few special events.

Ian Blanchard, a 17 year old DIRT Hoosier Stock driver and JSR development driver competed in several fall and mid-winter iRacing.com championship series running under the gameplaycanada.com banner, winning numerous races, a league championship and moving into the top 500 out of nearly 40,000 iRacing.com drivers world-wide. JSR hopes to continue this relationship and give Ian a chance to test in their asphalt ANCA Sportsman late in 2012.

In other news, JSR has been working closely with another rookie to the ANCA Sportsman division and both teams hope to make a formal announcement in the upcoming weeks!

Driver and owner of the 31 ANCA Sportsman, Johnathan Schwemler, recently participated in his employer's french language testing program surprising many with his results. Since being completely and hopelessly unilingual as of March last year his comprehension level has increased dramatically, thanks mostly to stockcarquebecois.com. He is now placed on a waiting list for a french language course through his employer.

Finally, for those of you who love pictures, I have some updates on our little raceshop in the rural area near Napierville, Que.

I figured that I may as well update the general population on news from the 31 ANCA Sportsman camp.

My crew and I have decided to remove the rollcage completely and build a fresh cage for the Sportsman car. To make the car competitive, more rigid, and safe we were rebuilding all but three bars on the car.

We can still make the first race, if we hustle, but without a major marketing partner, we have decided to focus on building a strong car with the materials we have available.

For those who understand the universal language (I read the Montreal Journal by looking at pictures) here are the most recent pics of the 31 ANCA Sportsman at Johnathan Schwemler Racecars near Napierville.

[/url]

[/url]

Join Johnathan Schwemler Racecars facebook fansight for more up to date information and pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Johnathan-Schwemler-Racecars/268387979873006

Updates...

We're building from a fresh chassis... here's some pics!

BTW I have all my body panels back from the body shop, most were rebuilt by Performance Fibreglass this winter and are painted the same as last year. If anyone should need some before I get out on the track, they may be available.