Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
Wildboy

Jo Bouvrette a deux victoires du titre de la Division 2!!!

Messages recommandés

Very Happy
Je ne veux pas faire de la peine mais Jo a beaucoup de pain sur la planche! Il est à 1012 points et Kosiski à 1098 donc une différence de 86 points. Jo ne peut qu'améliorer son sort. Pour faire suite à ça, il a un 46 points à améliorer, un 54, un 56, 2 x 58, 2 x 60, un 66 et un 68 avec des victoires à "full grid" de 21 et plus. Donc le rêve est possible mais pas en 2 victoires! Il a la possibilité de récolter encore 98 autres points ce qui l'amènerait à 1110 points et tout probablement au titre national avec un boni de 50,000$ US. Il a besoin de 7 victoires "full grid" pour réussir l'exploit et nous avons 12 courses encore à faire soit 5 vingt tours et 7 cinquante tours.
Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

A moins de ne pas bien performer,Joe Kosiski ne marque pas de points depuis 2-3 semaines!!Leur saison serait-elle terminée??

Mouhahah...

Adams County Events left:3
I-80 Speedway events left:8
(4 programme double j'imagine)

Wildboy a écrit:
A moins de ne pas bien performer,Joe Kosiski ne marque pas de points depuis 2-3 semaines!!Leur saison serait-elle terminée??

Laughing
Non Wildboy, la situation est qu'il n'améliore pas ses résultats malgré qu'il coure toujours! Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

Laughing
NASCAR DODGE WEEKLY SERIES DIVISION II FIELD NARROWS AS JOE KOSISKI CLOSES IN ON CHAMPIONSHIP

Multiple championship scenarios unfolding as racers compete for $25,000 Division II title

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Aug. 23, 2006) – There are only a few drivers remaining with a chance to win the $25,000 (U.S.) NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Division II championship, but points leader Joe Kosiski isn’t celebrating quite yet.

Kosiski, of Omaha, Neb., leads the NASCAR point standings at two tracks – Adams County Speedway in Corning, Iowa and I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb. As the NASCAR points leader at both tracks, he’s entitled to two positions in the NDWS Division II standings. Kosiski holds the two positions in the standings, but he is facing some tough competition to keep it that way.

BROTHERLY BATTLE COULD DECIDE CHAMPIONSHIP … At I-80, Kosiski is tied with his brother, Ed Kosiski, in the NASCAR point standings. Joe is designated the leader by virtue of a tiebreaker (more wins), however if Ed, a resident of Ralston, Neb., overtakes Joe in the NASCAR point standings at I-80, Ed would gain a spot on the Division II leaderboard. NASCAR points are awarded in two-point increments, so whichever driver finishes ahead of the other in the next race will be the NASCAR points leader at I-80 – and earn a spot in the top 15 of the NDWS Division II standings.

Based on his best 16 finishes, Ed does not yet have enough points to assume the overall lead in the NDWS Division II standings if Joe maintains his NASCAR points lead at Adams County. For Ed, taking the NASCAR points lead at I-80 would move him one step closer to the crown, however.

The situation at I-80 is unpredictable, but Adams County Speedway represents an opportunity for Joe Kosiski to keep his championship hopes alive, regardless of what happens at I-80. Keeping his NASCAR points lead intact at one of these tracks is the key to Joe Kosiski’s NDWS Division II championship bid.

ST. EUSTACHE STARS ALSO IN THE RUNNING … At Autodrome St. Eustache – one of two Canadian tracks in the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series – three drivers are currently in the running for the championship.

Jonathan Bouvrette, of St. Therese, Quebec, leads the NASCAR points at St. Eustache, by a four-point margin over Sebastien Dussault, of Hudson, Quebec. Benoit Juteau, of Ste. Sophie, Quebec, is ranked third at St. Eustache, 42 points behind. The track’s Pro Truck class has eight races remaining, including twin feature races on each of the next four weeks. With that schedule, Bouvrette and Juteau are still eligible to win the NDWS Division II championship, based on their best 16 finishes.

Although Dussault is currently ranked ahead of Juteau in the NASCAR point standings at St. Eustache, as of right now he does not have a mathematical chance of winning the NDWS Division II championship – unless Joe Kosiski is eliminated entirely by losing the point lead at both Adams County and I-80 Speedways. In that case, Dussault could be back in contention, as he could potentially earn enough NASCAR points to win the title if Joe Kosiski was out of the running.

As long as Joe Kosiski maintains his NASCAR point lead at one or both of his home tracks, only Bouvrette and Juteau can contend for the NDWS Division II championship from St. Eustache.

HOW IT WORKS … The NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Division II championship is awarded to the points leader after Oct. 1. Drivers at each track earn NASCAR points until then, along with bonus points depending on the number of cars in each feature race (10 bonus points per driver in a field of 15-20 cars; 20 bonus points per driver in a field of 21 or more cars). In order to establish one representative from each track in the standings, The NASCAR points leaders at each track are ranked. Those drivers are ranked based on their best 16 points finishes of the year, from any tracks within the Division. The Division champion can win a $25,000 (U.S.) bonus and is eligible for the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series national championship which includes an additional $50,000 (U.S.) prize. The national championship is awarded to the Division champion with the highest point total overall, based on their best 16 finishes.

NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series

Division II Leaders as of August 22 (best 16 points finishes)

Driver, Hometown, Home track, NDWS points

1. Joe Kosiski, Omaha, Neb., I-80 Speedway, 1,098 points

2. Joe Kosiski, Omaha, Neb., Adams County Speedway, 1,098
3. Jonathan Bouvrette, St. Therese, Quebec, Autodrome St. Eustache, 1,012
4. Dave Byrd, Pacific Grove, Calif., Altamont Motorsports Park, 914
5. Pete Anderson Jr., Stockton, Calif., Stockton 99 Speedway, 864
6. John Blewett III, Howell, N.J., Wall Township Speedway, 862
7. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, Pa., Grandview Speedway, 832
8. Shane Riner, Guyton, Ga., Oglethorpe Speedway Park, 828
9. Stuart Ricks, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Myrtle Beach Speedway, 822
10. Shane Brafford, Concord, N.C., Concord Motorsport Park, 792
11. Joe Aramendia, Schertz, Tex., San Antonio Speedway, 632
12. Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dracut, Mass., Lee USA Speedway, 632
13. Steven Gannon, Redding, Calif., Shasta Raceway Park, 602
14. Greg Moir, Spruce Grove, Alberta, Edmonton International Raceway, 620
15. Mike Leaty, Williamson, N.Y., Spencer Speedway, 532

New to the top 15:

None

Dropped out of the top 15:

None

Important dates:

Sept. 9 – Last NASCAR points race at Adams County Speedway

Sept. 17 – Last NASCAR points race at I-80 Speedway

Oct. 1 – End of NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series season / Last NASCAR points race at Autodrome St. Eustache

Nov. 11 – NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series awards banquet in Las Vegas

Prize money breakdown:

The NDWS Division II champion can win a $25,000 (U.S.) bonus, in addition to any prizes they collect at their home track. The Division II champion is also eligible to win the national championship and an additional $50,000 (U.S.). Although only one driver can claim the title of champion, the rest of the Division II leaders will share in the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series point fund awards. The following is a breakdown of the Division III prize money up for grabs this season:

1. $25,000
2. $15,000
3. $12,500
4. $12,000
5. $11,000
6. $8,500
7. $8,000
8. $7,500
9. $7,000
10. $6,500
11. $6,000
12. $5,500
13. $5,000
14. $4,500
15. $4,000

For More Information, Contact:

Jeremy Davidson, NASCAR Public Relations, (386) 681-4173 or jdavidson@nascar.com

Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil