Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
Jack Panzica

Rear End dies after only 500,000 k !

Messages recommandés

Hi, took my son for little ride in car to feel thump in rear or drive train. Let him drive down driveway, he goosed the gas , bad idea ...

Something let go in drive train. Stopped car, no drive shafts hanging, but...

Car will only go forward or backward one revolution of wheel then stops. It will do it in all 4 gears forward and reverse.

Called flatbed, to get car back to my garage.

It seems that the rear let go....

I get the car up on jack stands.... time for rear end removal/ strut rods bushing, body mounts, tranny removal, and if possible crossmember , later after rear removal..plus a lot of stuff that is showing wear after 60,000 miles in the last three years.

I will ask for help after the weekend , just to make sure I take it apart in the right order....

It will be a real job to do on jack stands....I may offer some Lobsters for lunch as a reward for coming up to Maine to get the tranny off my chest or to help pry the crossmember off the frame...

Pictures later.....Son leaving Sunday, for new job in Seattle at Amazon as a robotics engineer...

Thanks in advance for you kindness and understanding , and supporting me as I cry under the car.......should be quite interesting...

Jack

Hey Panzica !!!
on t'a accueilli comme une Star en France, en 2012, et ce avec grand plaisir...
c'est la moindre des choses, quand tu postes, de dire Bonjour en premier
ou simplement, comme c'est la coutume en France, a cette époque,
de souhaiter de Bonnes Fêtes a Tous les Membres du Corvette Gang France....
c'est absolument gratuit, et les travaux que tu fais sur ta Vette,
ne fait absolument rêver personne.........
même un enfant de 14 ans le fera mieux que toi, et plus vite....
c'est tout simplement la base de la mécanique.....
il n'y a aucune gloire a changer un cardan de roue......
a 80 ans comme toi, la politesse, on ne peut plus te l'apprendre, c'est déjà trop tard......
Rocco

Bonjour Rocco,

Merry Christmas to you and all the great people of Corvette Gang.  I am sorry for my bad manors,  I just want to say hello , as you and the Corvette Gang made my time in France the best....

Since there is no glory in changing the rear,  get on a plane and come and help me....you may have to bring a good French cook, as I am always missing the great food that you and your friends cooked.

May you see me again coming your way.......this time waving to you as I drive up !

• Créer...